Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Sr Analyst Financial Planning & Reporting for the Birks Corporate office, located in Downtown Montreal you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Reporting acts as the analytical engine of the finance function, provides insight and support to decision makers and is responsible to prepare, analyze and interpret financial data and key performance indicators.
More specifically, the Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Reporting is expected to:
- Participate in the preparation of financial forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly reports of financial results versus budget / forecast by means of the monthly financial review package.
- Support the preparation of financial information presented to the Board of Directors.
- Perform ad-hoc performance measurement analyses and reports to support senior management.
- Perform and reviews financial accounting analyses for external reporting purposes.
- Review and monitors weekly 13 week cash flow and insures consistency with borrowing availability forecasts.
- Participate in approval process for weekly cash disbursements.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives on an ad-hoc basis.
- Play a key role in the preparation of forecasts and the annual budget, including organization of the various planning activities, consolidation and review of data for completeness, accuracy and conformance with established organizational objectives and current accounting standards, and works closely with the director in providing recommendations and completing related reporting packages.
- Analyze the monthly deviations against the budget and forecast, interacts with the various departmental heads and proactively identifies issues worthy of attention, determines the cause and renders suggestions for course of action to address the issue.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects in support of senior management.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor of Commerce with Major in Accounting or Finance
- Professional Accounting/Finance designation (CPA, CA / CBV / CFA) – essential
5 years relevant industry experience.
Retail experience is an asset.
Financial consulting experience is an asset
Strong analytical capabilities, creative thinker, demonstrates ability to provide actionable insight to decision makers
Ability to deliver in fast paced environment, highly driven, self-motivated
Advanced Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills, financial modelling experience is an asset, experience with other BI tools is an asset
Detail oriented with high standards of precision, highly organized
Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal – English and French)
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself.
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer:
- Competitive earnings
- Social benefits
- Wellness program
- Award and recognition programs
- Innovative and unique training programs
- Employee discounts
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?